cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

SiegeLord
Adept II

Obtaining the updated OpenCL runtime without installing the driver

Is it possible to get the updated OpenCL runtime without installing the driver? In this case I am using a computer cluster and only have local privileges. I am interested in only using the CPU capabilities of the AMD platform, so I don't need the GPU driver. However, the GPU driver is the only source that I know of where I can get the updated CPU runtime. Is there any way of doing this without somehow de-constructing the driver installation file?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SiegeLord
Adept II

Turns out it's not that hard to extract the runtime out of the driver package without actually installing it (just run it such that it creates the temporary folder will all of its files and search for libamdocl). Still, it'd be convenient for end users with permission issues such as mine as well as end users without an AMD GPU for this to be... easier.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SiegeLord
Adept II

Turns out it's not that hard to extract the runtime out of the driver package without actually installing it (just run it such that it creates the temporary folder will all of its files and search for libamdocl). Still, it'd be convenient for end users with permission issues such as mine as well as end users without an AMD GPU for this to be... easier.

0 Likes