cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

laoo
Journeyman III

No API attached in GPU PerfStudio

I've developed an application for testing DX11 code. It performs very simple Direct3D initializations and rendering without any DX warnings but I can't debug it in the PerfStudio (2.8.1005.0). The application is greyed out in API selection window and when looking at Process.xml it has a node "<API attached="FALSE">DX11</API>". I've attached a screenshot. Other DXSDK samples etc works fine and I can't see any difference in device usage between working applications and mine.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for the test app.

We have fixed the issue for our next release.

But you should be able to make it work by inserting LoadLibrary( L"d3d11.dll" ); before you call D3D11CreateDevice.

Juan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
rocklake
Staff

Thanks for the report and the screen shot.

To identify the problem,  is it possible you could attach  the zip file of the source or maybe the binary file  to the post?

Juan

0 Likes

The source code is bloated with irrelevant parts, so I should first clean it and leave only important device calls (I'll do that nevertheless to help myself nailing the problem), but meanwhile I've attached a simple code generating some 2D superformula.

0 Likes

Thanks for the test app.

We have fixed the issue for our next release.

But you should be able to make it work by inserting LoadLibrary( L"d3d11.dll" ); before you call D3D11CreateDevice.

Juan

0 Likes

It helped!

Thank you very much. I would probably not came up with such solution on my own.

Best regards,

Waldek

0 Likes
laoo
Journeyman III

I was trying some samples whether they work or not and I've found some from Microsoft.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/directcomputehol

None of these work (in GPU PerfStudio) on my machine.

0 Likes