• Improved counter accuracy in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11
  • Tessellation counters added to OpenGL
0 Likes
8 Replies
nou
Exemplar

great that you released this API for Linux too. but i have few issue

1. in linux release there missing GPUPerfAPIFunctions.h

2. GPUPerfAPI.h depend on define _LINUX which is not defined by default. maybe add __linux__

3. static lib?

0 Likes

i have another issue. i got error when i try open OpenCL context GPA_STATUS_ERROR_HARDWARE_NOT_SUPPORTED

Ubuntu 10.04. catalyst 10.10/11 ATI Stream SDK 2.2

i have somehow feeling that i must wait for next SDK.

0 Likes

Thanks for catching those mistakes. I will update the header files. In the meantime, you can get the correct header from the windows zip file. Likewise, you can edit the header to use __linux__ as you'd like.

Which hardware are you using? Can you provide us with the device ID? This version of GPUPerfAPI does not support the most recent hardware (AMD Radeon HD 6000 series).

0 Likes

i have radeon 5850.

EDIT: i can't download windows version.

one last thing. can you make headers file GPL compatible?

EDIT2: oh sorry my mistake. first i pass to openContext cl_context. which lead sometimes to segfault sometimes to unsupported error. then i try OpenGL counters which works. then i realize my mistake that i must pass queue to OpenContext(). but i forgot change GL.so to CL.so.

now i it does't return error.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nou i have radeon 5850.

one last thing. can you make headers file GPL compatible?

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you suggesting we make the license GPL compliant, or does GPL have a suggested formatting for header files?

0 Likes

yes i mean GPL compatible. i must include your headers to run my program. but i can't release final program under GPL.but if you make headers file GPL compatible. then according to ths http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FSWithNFLibs i can dynamicaly load libGPUPerfAPICL.so and use it.

0 Likes
pedela
Journeyman III

Linux support is great!

0 Likes

Originally posted by: nou great that you released this API for Linux too. but i have few issue

1. in linux release there missing GPUPerfAPIFunctions.h

2. GPUPerfAPI.h depend on define _LINUX which is not defined by default. maybe add __linux__

We've updated the release with the correct files and removed the reference to _LINUX. Please let me know if you have any trouble with this version.

0 Likes