NEW - GPU PerfStudio 3.1 has been released and can be downloaded from http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/gpu-perfstudio/
* GPU ShaderAnalyzer for GCN - Optimize your shader code using the latest version of this tool by viewing compiler statistics, ISA and D3D ASM code, and customizing your compiler settings for the latest AMD GCN GPUs.
* Profiler support for D3D11_QUERY
* Additional counters have been added to show the time spent in each stage of the GPU:
- VSTime – Time vertex shader is busy in milliseconds
- HSTime – Time hull shaders is in milliseconds
- DSTime – Time domain shader is busy in milliseconds
- GSTime – Time geometry shader is busy in milliseconds
- PSTime – Time pixel shader is busy in milliseconds
- CSTime – Time compute shader is busy in milliseconds
* Support for OpenGL 4.4 (Windows and Linux)
* Many stability enhancements for titles running on DirectX 11 and OpenGL
* Improved support for viewing MSAA depth buffers and render targets
* Fixes for client and server side memory leaks
Some issues I found:
- the installer version gives disk1.cab error during installation
- the zipped version works fine, except it throws exception when compiling shaders in the new shader analyzer: compiling for one GPU at a time throws exception but it still outputs ISA disassembly, compiling for more multiple GPUs throws exceptions and do not output ISA disassembly.
Some features I wish to see in features: D3D 11.1 and 11.2 runtime support, VLIW4 and VLIW5 disassembly in the shader analuyzer (just to not use two different version of the shader analyzer).
I tested the installer on a couple different machines (Win 7 & 😎 and couldn't reproduce the issue you're seeing. It could have got corrupted while it was downloading. If other users are seeing issues, we'll investigate this further.
Shader Analyzer is being worked on right now, and we hope to have a fix for the issues you're seeing in the near future.
Hi Tony, I successfully installed GPU PerfStudio 3.1.322 today without issues, it seems that the missing data cab of version 3.1.320 has been fixed
A new version of GPU PerfStudio (3.1.323) has been posted to the usual place (http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/gpu-perfstudio/), which addresses the Shader Analyzer issues you were seeing.