cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bongirs
Journeyman III

My ATI GPU is not listed in OpenCL SDK system requirements?

Hi,

I have recently come across OpenCL and as such am very much interested in using GPGPU for my application.

I checked this page which does not list my GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7670M.

So does this mean I cannot develop OpenCL applications on my laptop?

PS: I am interested in leveraging OpenCL for GPU only and do not want it to use the CPU.

0 Likes
3 Replies
nou
Exemplar

download this application http://www.ozone3d.net/redirect.php?id=401 it tells you what OpenCL device you have in system. if you install AMD APP SDK you should be able to develop at least on CPU device.

0 Likes

Hi nou,

Thanks for answering!

The site you linked does not have my GPU in its database.

However I found out here that my GPU has OpenCL 1.1 support.

So is it possible to develop OpenCL application on my laptop for GPU only?

Since application developed on nVIDIA hardware can be run on any other GPU, I guess I should also be able to develop portable application?

I dont need OpenCL for CPU because I am already able to multi thread the bottlenecks in my application.

It is ok for me if I am not able to debug, profile, etc, just want the ability to develop OpenCL application.

Awaiting eagerly for your valuable suggestion...

0 Likes

Hi bongirs,

There is a wiki link Radeon HD 7000 Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which list Radeon HD 7670M GPU.

Try downloading Radeon HD 7xxx series driver and check clinfo after installation? This should detect your GPU. It has support of OpenCL 1.2 which will allow you to leverage OpenCL on GPU.

Thanks,

AMD_Support