Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kernl
Journeyman III

Multi-Threaded Programs

Hello,

I am currently developing a multi-threaded, multi-GPU (also using multiple contexts) application, using C++.

When I try to run CodeXL in a profile mode I get the following error:

"Unable to gather profile data. This error can occur for one of several reasons:

- The active project is not an OpenCL or a DirectCompute program.

- The active project is an OpenCL program, but it did not make any "enqueue" calls.

- The active project does not compile or run properly (try running it manually).

- You do not have write access to the profile output directory."

All of the enqueue calls are made from child threads and the program does run correctly manually.

Does CodeXL support threaded application?

Currently testing with: Phenom II 965 Black-Edition; AMD Radeon HD 6770; Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit with functioning drivers (9.1 and OpenCL 1.2, 1113.2).

0 Likes
2 Replies
lbin
Staff

Hi Kernl

CodeXL does support multi-threaded application. Are you able to profile any OpenCL SDK sample apps?

Your driver is a little outdated, could you please try with the latest catalyst driver?

kernl
Journeyman III

Hi, thanks for the help.

My problem was that my working path in the profile configuration wasn't correct, and it wasn't finding the OpenCL (exiting the program without any calls).

My drivers were actually 12.11, but there was a mislabel in the catalyst control center, updated them anyways to 13.4 (still mislabelled to 12.10).

All working now.

0 Likes