Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

particlepeter
Adept II

Missing GL 4.5 functions in crimson driver

glGetnTexImage

glGetnCompressedTexImage

glGetnUniformdv

are missing, hence the GL implementation is not fully 4.5 (bessides GLSL version 440).

Now to my question AMD team, is this the right place to report driver bugs, or do you have a bug tracker somewhere?

0 Likes
9 Replies
jvsala
Adept II

The place to report driver bugs is here:

www.amd.com/report

0 Likes

I did report the bug(s) there, but I doubt it is the right place to report OpenGL related driver bugs. At least I could not find any clean way to specify the issue.

0 Likes
cgrant78
Adept III

Those functions have nothing to do with OpenGL 4.5 compliance or full implementation. Please consult the specification to see whats new features were added for OpenGL 4.5. The functions not implemented ? How exactly are you accessing/retrieving the function pointers? Are you doing so from a context in which they are available ? There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

0 Likes

cgrant78@netzero.com wrote:

Those functions have nothing to do with OpenGL 4.5 compliance or full implementation.

Have you taken a look at the current glcorearb.h or the OpenGL 4.5 Reference Pages yourself? The functions are specified in both places.

How exactly are you accessing/retrieving the function pointers? Are you doing so from a context in which they are available ? There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

I did confirm the issue with two function loaders, both on my Kaveri System (details bellow) and NVidia GTX 970.

I code in the dlang and use the function loader DerlictGL3 to load specifically OpenGL 4.5 core. It throws an exception on AMD and does not on NVidia.

I confirmed my findings in C/C++ with a glfw GL 4.5 core context setup using glad​ which I found on the OpenGL wiki​. The related functions are null on AMD and work on NVidia.

System: Kaveri APU 7800 A-10 (with included Radeon R7, GCN 1.1), Driver: Crimson Edition 15.12 (supposed to support GL 4.5 except shader version 450).

There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

Yes, I should have given the details above, you're right. But are you sure you've taken the right route yourself in not confirming your claims before ... well claiming?

0 Likes

Problem persists with Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix.

0 Likes

I have taken the right route in stating my claims. The GL 4.5 man page will list all core function for all OpenGL version up to and including OpenGL 4.5 thats just how all the OpenGL man pages work ( up to and including the version of the man page ). Again the functions you claim make the driver non-GL 4.5 compliant again has nothing to do with OpenGL 4.5 as those functions were available in prior version.  I will refer you again to the OpenGL 4.5 specification which indicated features that were introduce in version 4.5. That is what is mean by OpenGL 4.5 features, meaning the only way those features will be present in any other previous OpenGL version would be by extensions.  The follow items below were introduced in OpenGL 4.5 and I do NOT see any of the problematic functions on that list.

• GL_ARB_clip_control
  • GL_ARB_cull_distance
  • GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility
  • GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted
  • GL_KHR_context_flush_control
  • GL_ARB_derivative_control
  • GL_ARB_direct_state_access
  • GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image
  • GL_KHR_robustness
  • GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples
  • GL_ARB_texture_barrier

0 Likes

All you listed are extensions, the functions were added to the core and are not part of any extension. They do not exist before Version 4.5.

0 Likes

Just to clarify, it wouldn't be the first time that spec, manpage and glcorearb.h are out of sync. The functions were ARB extensions, I found some old glcorearb.h where they had the ARB suffix. But in the current glcorearb.h they are clearly listed at line 2887, 2888 and 2889 in the GL_VERSION_4_5 block. A driver which reports OpenGL 4.5 functionality must expose these functions. Don't rely solely on the spec, always cross confirm with manpage and in this case glcorearb.h.

0 Likes

..very good point.

0 Likes