Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

morin_benoit
Journeyman III

linux fglrx driver

Hello,

Will the necessary modifications to the fglrx Linux driver to support cal be included in the next official Linux catalyst driver release?

Also, is there any way to disable the AMD overlay that appears on the bottom corner of the screen when using the 8.49.4 drivers?

I thank you for your help,

Benoît Morin

0 Likes
8 Replies
ssclift
Journeyman III

... to which I add ...

Does the new beta 8.49.4 driver add 3870X2 support?

Thanks

-- Simon

0 Likes

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, X2 support under Linux isn't in 8.49.4.

Michael.
0 Likes

Hi Benoit,

I'll forward this on to the Linux driver folks to see if they can respond.

Michael.
0 Likes

Hi Benoit,

Sorry for the late reply!

The incompatibility with fglrx and CAL was an oversight in testing on our part. This should be fixed in a release or 2 of the driver and will be made better when CAL is better integrated with the rest of the driver.

Michael.
0 Likes

I note that 8.7 of the Catalyst driver (still) doesn't support the 3870X2 card.

Can AMD/ATI give me some idea about when this support might be available, please?  It's an expensive piece of kit to have sitting on the shelf.

0 Likes

Ah, and here's another question.  I note that the 3870X2 will be supported soon (is supported?) in the open source radeonhd driver.

http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd

Would it be reasonable to expect CAL to work with that driver (without actually being officially supported, of course).   I ask this more or less in full ignorance of the underlying mechanisms.

0 Likes

Bump.

0 Likes

I actually don't expect CAL to work with that driver. I believe CAL uses particular interfaces that are specific to the drivers provided by AMD-ATI.

Michael.
0 Likes