cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jgrevich
Adept I

Re: Linux 290x OpenCL ?

Prasad Hariharan Crispin Wellington Have there been any updates with this issue?  I am having the same problem with Ubuntu Saucy, Catalyst 13.2, and AMD-APP-SDK 2.9. Similar to yurtesen, aticonfig is functioning and can see the 290x. clinfo lists my 7990 and cpu but not the 290x.

0 Likes
jgrevich
Adept I

I can also replace the 290x with a 6970/79070 so I know it's not an issue with multiple cards.

0 Likes
jgrevich
Adept I

@yurtesen what model of card do you have? I have a Sapphire R9 290X with the same problem.  I'm curious if there may be a simple fix in that the OpenCL library is missing a deviceID for our model(s).

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

don't install APP SDK. it contains older version of OpenCL which doesn't work with this card. see this response Re: Linux 290x OpenCL ?

0 Likes
jgrevich
Adept I

@nou I should have read more of the thread. I got it working now. Thanks!

0 Likes
sausage_plunderer
Journeyman III

Please can some staff member or more competent member of this forum write a consice step-by-step list in a clear manner on how to get this $600 USD Card running with OpenCL on latest Linux Distributions? I am talking Ubuntu 13.10 and beyond.

I will very much look forward to this. Above description and recursive reference - pardon my english - is a joke.

Thank you and highly appreciated!

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

Search the forum for ubuntu headless and you will find good guides easily. If you can't get it to work, ask for help in the forum.

0 Likes
jkop
Journeyman III

I can verify that OpenCL with the R9 290 works in Ubuntu 13.10.

First I installed the Catalyst-14.1beta1.3, and then the AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64. But the latter messed things up preventing my application (Luxrender) to identify the OpenCL device. So I removed files which had been added by AMD-APP inside /opt, and /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and I also opened /etc/profile to remove the few lines of text it had added there. Then I removed Catalyst by purge fglrx*, re-installed it, and voila! it works.

0 Likes
polygonrobot
Journeyman III

Thank you! Been working on this for 3 days.

0 Likes
tuck
Journeyman III

I am running Ubuntu 13.10 and for some reason it is not recognizing my R9 290X card. Any idea how to fix this? Have tried many different drivers and it still does not work. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes