Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spj
Journeyman III

Legacy ATI Stream downloads

Hello,

I've noticed, that recently ATI Stream SDK 1.4.0 beta download link was removed from AMD website. Is there a possibility for AMD to keep the downloads of older products, like ATI Stream 1.4, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2? I have the impression, that Legacy GPU Tools section reduces systematically. I still plan to use older SDKs to develop some codes for my Radeon HD 3650 (mostly for educational purposes). Adding just a download with any non-community official support shouldn't do any harm to anyone, really.

--

kind regards,

Szymon Jaranowski

0 Likes
8 Replies
pinform
Staff

Thanks for your question.  Let me check on this and get back to you.

0 Likes

AMD tries to maintain a reasonable number of archived packages on the website. Some of the beta packages in question did not seem useful and had no corresponding release version and hence the links were taken off. If you require any specific versions/packages, let us know and I'll try to get them for you.

I'm interested in newest Stream SDK supporting PCIe Radeon HD 3650. I can't tell the exact version, as there was already no info on the SDKs website. I'll guess, that it will be 2.3, but not sure - normally I would download them all and check documentation. Additional question here - were there any implementation of any version of OpenCL on this graphic card?

0 Likes

no OpenCL was supported for 4xxx cards. even 4xxx had only beta support because of HW limitations.

bobwhitecotton
Adept III

0 Likes

Hey Bob, I've read the thread. So, there is no possibility of downloading the legacy SDKs?

I'm just curious - what is the problem here? People are still using the cards for numerical computation. Example? BOINC projects:

• SETI@Home still provide applications (based on Brook+/CAL framework) able to compute on older cards (e.g. I'm using mine with AstroPulse v. 6.08 (ati_cal) application).
  • Collatz project released new computing application (based on the same framework) about an hour ago; look at the post Solo Collatz Brook+/CAL (a.k.a. ATI) Applications Released for Windows

Why cut off a developer from possibility of writing new codes? Of course there are new platforms coming, but why not archive older ones? These cards still provide considerable computing power.

--

kind regards,

Szymon Jaranowski

0 Likes

The issue was there were two pages with one announcing availability of Beta 1.4 and the other Beta 2.0.  There was a download file for Beta 1.4 but the link was bad on the 2.0 beta and there was no file on the server so I could not fix it.  We really don't want developers using a Beta version of the SDK especially one that is so old.  I looked through the server for a production version and could not find anything.  I understood we brought everything over from the old platform so I would have expected to find something and up until the end of 2013, I could access the old server to search for missing items but that has since been converted for another use by our old hosting company and is not available anymore.  So, the real issue is we don't have the old released SDK's to post to the website for download.

Bob

0 Likes

Personally for me - better develop using beta framework than not develop at all - but, if You don't have the file, than there is nothing that can be done. No backups, really?

0 Likes