cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mlxd
Journeyman III

Issues running samples under Stream SDK 2.01

I am currently having issues with the newest SDK (x64) under Linux (Kubuntu 9.04 x64 using Catalyst 10.1) - everything compiles fine, CAL programs run fine, however when I try to run any of the sample programs I get a seg fault. Input seems fine, but the output section returns the issue. I have tried using both cpu and gpu under each sample. Tutorial and TutorialC however seem to work without issue, giving a resulting output as expected. I have symlinked the necessary libatiocl32/64 files and exported the ATISTREAMSDKROOT,etc. to the appropriate locations.

Are there any known issues as to why this may be occurring, or have I missed something somewhere? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled several times, even reinstalled Kubuntu once, and have still had no luck. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
mlxd
Journeyman III

Apologies, never mentioned that I am using a HD5850 + 720 BE, if that should somehow be relevant.

0 Likes

try add nopat option to kernel parameters.

0 Likes
mlxd
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: nou try add nopat option to kernel parameters.

Still no change in the behaviour of the program.

I have tried using Version 2.0 of the SDK and everything runs perfectly.

0 Likes

Still no change in the behaviour of the program.

I have tried using Version 2.0 of the SDK and everything runs perfectly.

Mlxd,

Could you please tell us at which function call it is giving segfault? Please dump stack trace also.

0 Likes