Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

opencl_JEDI
Journeyman III

Introductory Tutorial to OpenCL

Hi,

I implemented the hello world program in visual studio 2008,

like it's described in the tutorial, but when I build it I got

error C2664: 'cl:latform::get' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'std::vector<_Ty> *' to 'cl::vector<T> *'

refering to this code line:

cl:latform::get(&platformList);

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Could you post the code snippet which is causing the issue?

Also please check if you have got the same problem as this.

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=128437

0 Likes

actually I got the same problems that the topic you joined, and I resolve them, so this is an other error, this is the part of the code

and this is the entire error message:

error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'cl::string' (or there is no acceptable conversion)

cl_int err; //std::vector< cl::Platform > platformList; cl::vector< cl::Platform > platformList; cl::Platform::get(&platformList); checkErr(platformList.size()!=0 ? CL_SUCCESS : -1, "cl::Platform::get"); std::cerr << "Platform number is: " << platformList.size() << std::endl; // HERE I GOT THE ERROR //std::string platformVendor; cl::string platformVendor; platformList[0].getInfo(CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR, &platformVendor); std::cerr << "Platform is by: " << platformVendor << "\n"; cl_context_properties cprops[3] = {CL_CONTEXT_PLATFORM, (cl_context_properties)(platformList[0])(), 0};

0 Likes

I'm assuming that you got the error at

std::cerr << "Platform is by: " << platformVendor << "\n";

as that is where you are using cl::string.

'<<' operator doesnt recognize cl::string class. For that you will have to overload '<<' operator.

What you can do instead is std::cerr << "Platform is by: " << platformVendor.c_str() << "\n";

0 Likes

actually the error I'm getting is in a line before this one:

std::cerr << "Platform number is: " << platformList.size() << std::endl; // HERE I GOT THE ERROR

0 Likes

Originally posted by: opencl_JEDI actually the error I'm getting is in a line before this one:

std::cerr << "Platform number is: " << platformList.size() << std::endl; // HERE I GOT THE ERROR

opencl_JEDI,

Are you sure? I can't see any usage of cl::string in the above line. I am able to compile and run without any issues as expected. I can see that you have used cl::string to print platform vendor where I can reproduce the error as I said in my previous post.

0 Likes

you were right, that was the problem, I changed it and now it buil OK.

But when I debug it I get:

ERROR: Conext::Context() (-1)

do you know what might be causing this?

0 Likes

Please post your system information. Also please post the output of CLInfo sample.

0 Likes

system information:

windows7 32bit

intel core 2 duo CPU E8400 @3Ghz

Ram 4Gb

0 Likes

Could you please post the output of CLInfo sample?

0 Likes

I'm sorry, what do you mean by CLInfo,

where do I get That

0 Likes

CLInfo is among the samples included in StreamSDK 2.01.

0 Likes

I implemented the "hello world" but I got error

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CL/cl.hpp': No such file or directory

help me!

thanks!!

0 Likes

you must specife include dir in project properties to SDK include dir.

0 Likes