Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

meenakrish
Journeyman III

Internal error: as failed

the following is the kernel code

__kernel void templateKernel(__global  unsigned int * output, __global  unsigned int * inputa, __global  unsigned int * inputb)

{

uint tid = get_global_id(0);

output[tid] = inputa[tid] + inputb[tid];

}

this is the error i get when i build my kernel using appanalyzer,

i get this error even for the samples in AMD APP. the samples were running jus fine before i upgraded to catalyst 13.4.

========== Build: started ==========

OpenCL Compile Error: clBuildProgram failed (CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE).

--------

OpenCL Compile Error: Compiling for device:       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Internal Error:  as failed

--------

========== Build: 4 of 5 succeeded ==========

this is the error when i run the code using visual studio 2012

THE KERNEL CODE

__kernel void templateKernel(__global  unsigned int * output,

__global  unsigned int * inputa,

__global  unsigned int * inputb)

{

uint tid = get_global_id(0);

output[tid] = inputa[tid] + inputb[tid];

}

starting build

Internal Error:  as failed 

Error: Building Program (clBuildProgram)

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Did you uninstall the previous version completely? AMD provides a separate clean un-install utility that helps you wipe of earlier installations completely....Can you do a clean uninstall and try a fresh install of 13.4 again?

0 Likes

yes i used the uninstall utility to uninstall the prev version, when it didnt work, i uninstalled 13.4 using the utility and installed a fresh one.. still no use...

im also not able to run clinfo.exe

0 Likes

What GPU(s) are you installing?

Did the uninstall utility work for you ? Can't make out from above.

You can also try "Express Uninstall All AMD Software" from Catalyst Uninstaller.

If it still fails, try some third party driver sweeper tools to remove the Driver. Also check if OpenCL.dll and amdocl.dll are removed from system32 and syswow64 folder. Please note this is a last resort suggestion, and AMD does not recommend it, so do it at your own risk.

You also need to explicitly delete AMD APP folder, where samples are installed.

Also make sure you have downloaded the driver for your hardware only. Install the Catalyst Driver 13.4 or 13.5 (beta), and post your clinfo output here. Hope this helps.

i have a radeon HD 6770M

well i tried the above... the samples work fine now...

clbuildprogram and clcreatekernel return success... while i try to run the program i get the following error

myprogram.exe has stopped working...

clinfo still aint working. i get the following error

"the procedure entry point clReleaseDevice could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll"

0 Likes

hmmm, so it is HD 6770M. A laptop? What CPU? Does it have switchable graphics feature?

You say samples work fine now... Which Sample? I guess you are talking about the Prebuilt samples in \AMDAPP\samples\OpenCL\bin\ directory?

clbuildprogram and clcreatekernel return success... while i try to run the program i get the following error

myprogram.exe has stopped working...

Is this in reference to some code you are working on? Can you try compiling some AMD APP samples, in case you have not done so, so far.

clinfo still aint working. i get the following error

"the procedure entry point clReleaseDevice could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll"

Is is a multi-vendor platform machine. Probably you have a intel CPU, and you have also installed Intel OpenCL SDK. clinfo is known to fail in such configuration, and that will be fixed with the next SDK release. For now, you can uninstall any non-AMD OpenCL implementation to make the clinfo work. Hope this helps.

0 Likes