Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

loath
Adept I

instancing debugging on dx9

hello,

i'm running into an issue using instanced geometry on directx 9.  my code works fine on NVidia but not on my AMD radeon 370.

none of my instanced meshes are being rendered although I see them in the PIX recording. what is the best way to debug directx9 shaders on AMD?

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Lonesled
Staff

Sorry, I do not think we can help. GPU PerfStudio has never supported DirectX 9 applications. When first released, it supported DirectX 10 followed with support for DirectX 11.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
loath
Adept I

is gpu perf studio 2.x available anywhere?  (even if completely unsupported )

thank you!

0 Likes

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/gpu-perfstudio/gpu-perfstudio-previous-...

But it only goes back through V3.0. Let me hunt, see if we can get 2.x. Review the release notes on the page above, and let me know what specific version looks useful for you. We may be able to track it down.

jtrudeau
Staff

White listed. Moved to the GPU Dev Tools forum. And I'll hunt for the old version of GPU PerfStudio. It may be available.

Lonesled
Staff

Sorry, I do not think we can help. GPU PerfStudio has never supported DirectX 9 applications. When first released, it supported DirectX 10 followed with support for DirectX 11.

that makes sense.  thank you for the help and introduction to the forums here.

0 Likes