cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Meteorhead
Challenger

Info and questions about OCL support for 69xx compute features..

Am I right that GWS will be imlemented using GDS? Also, is there any info on next OpenCL spec whether it will include standard way of reaching either GDS or global syncing?

These features most likely will only be included if NV cards have corresponding HW to implement these features.

0 Likes
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

Meteorhead,
That is correct, but I don't know of any public info on the next OpenCL spec. We are working internally on a way to expose GDS/GWS in OpenCL, but because of the nature of the feature, we want to get it correct.
0 Likes
emuller
Journeyman III

I would be interested in just CAL/IL support/documentation for GDS.  IL can be alot of fun, and very fast.  Its not such a chore either, if done in Python.  I know there's lots to be done for OpenCL ... but then OpenCL 69xx features will be built on IL 69xx support won't they?  And the documentation of 69xx IL features is useful internally too, no?  How about sending some of that IL goodness our way too evey once and a while ... its been a while since CAL/IL docs got a juicy update ... And AMD controls CAL/IL, so adding IL support for 69xx features like GDS wouldn't need to wait for OpenCL committee ratification ...

Thanks a million!

0 Likes
cenit
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: emullerHow about sending some of that IL goodness our way too evey once and a while ... its been a while since CAL/IL docs got a juicy update ...

+1

0 Likes