cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rahulgarg
Adept II

Inconsistent Zero copy performance

According to the blogpost CPU-to-GPU data transfers exceed 15GB/s using APU zero copy path | AMD one can achieve around 15 GB/s on an APU. I tried this on a Llano machine with A8-3500M and DDR3 1333 MHz (dual-channel) 8GB. I tried the BufferBandwidth sample as follows:

BufferBandwidth.exe -if 0 -if 5 -nwk 4

This yields around 14GB/s of bandwidth for the copy operation as expected on some operations. However, if I run the binary multiple times, sometimes the performance drops a LOT. The Map and Unmap operations suddenly start taking up a lot of time and the copy bandwidth also drops. This is inconsistent across runs. Sometimes I get the high bandwidth as expected, sometimes I get very low bandwidth. Any idea why this might be the case?

0 Likes
2 Replies
rahulgarg
Adept II

I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) and Catalyst 13.4.

0 Likes

We tried running the sample here on Win7, using 13.6 beta, Trinity APU and we do not see, too much variations. Can you try with the 13.6 beta driver? If you still see the inconsistencies, please forward the logs to us.

0 Likes