cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cusa123
Adept I

I have bought a Amd / Ati Brecht van Lommel (creator of cycles to Blender).

I have bought a Amd / Ati Brecht van Lommel (creator of cycles to Blender).
I'd think it would be good if amd would give graphics programmers alguan least low-end so they can provide solutions to problems such cycles. And the big question is Amd by supporting some projects more interesting would give him more importance as some hardware did not cost much to give a graph Amd Brecht van Lommel order to solve the problem of cycles Hopefully now you can find the problem and fix it. But also this LuxRender with slg and luxvr think it will be of primary importance amd support to solve some urgent character.

0 Likes
13 Replies
nou
Exemplar

It is not Cycles issue that it doesn't work with AMD OpenCL implementation. Problem is in AMD OpenCL compiler which doesn't manage to compile big complex kernels. There are severals another OpenCL applications which hit this same issue.

0 Likes

So the problem is AMD? And Lagoa ?

0 Likes

Yes problem is in AMD's compiler. AMD Engineers are working on it, for rather a long time now. But soon I may have some news to share on this. Please stay patient.

0 Likes

I think AMD should donate a representative set of AMD products to most important and innovative OpenCL free projects ( Blender/Cycles, xNormal/ratGPU, Paint.NET/Gimp, etc... ) so their dev team could optimize and improve compatibility with your products.

Think that most of these free projects have almost null financial resources and it's very hard for them to get high-end cards like a Radeon 7990. Gifting to them a few cards have a minimal impact on AMD's economy but a brutal impact on your popularity, optimization, bechmarks vs NVIDIA/Intel and invaluable feedback. Lot's of people use those programs and that will directly benefit you, AMD.

0 Likes

Amd can somehow give some support to LuxRender serious character?
It's been a few days without amd responses, the question is simple amd have any short-term solution?. ((John Carmack: NVIDIA AMD beats with its drivers)) Doom Creator John Carmack Believes Nvidia Wins over AMD Due to Better Drivers

Español_____________

Puede de alguna manera Amd dale algun apoyo a Luxrender de caracter serio?

Ya pasaron algunos dias y sin respuestas de amd, la pregunta es simple amd tiene alguna solucion a corto plazo?. ((John Carmack: NVIDIA supera a AMD gracias a sus drivers))

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Could you tell me where the AMD solution that can provide as quickly as possible as this will drag on for some time and say (years) and be somewhat patient is complicated!

0 Likes

Hope you understand we cannot claim that something works, unless our regression tests pass successfully. I do understand it is taking time, but we are consistently tracking for blender cycles support.

0 Likes

Anything new cycles or some other render engine for Amd radeon?

español

Alguna novedad con cycles o algun otro motor de render para Amd radeon?

0 Likes

Smalllux render has been reported to be working on AMD GPUs.

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1285984#1285984

0 Likes

SmallLuxGPU render is very limited in comparison to Cycles / Octane (or any similar renderer). It doesn't offer the features Cycles does. OpenCL Cycles and Octane are working perfectly on Nvidia's cards. SmallLuxGPU is no excuse for AMD! Btw: SmallLuxGPU developers were also facing problems, when trying to implement new features! According to the informations appeared until now, it seems to be a major compiler limitation, not a hardware limitation. My understanding of this problem: due to the compiler not supporting true function calls yet, the compiled kernel size exceeds VRAM. So, running big OpenCL kernels (not limited to renderers only!) will crash on AMD hardware. By fixing this problem in the compiler, the allowed kernel size will greatly increase (speaking about factor 100 and more - depending on the program).

I am not presenting smallux render as an excuse for AMD. I have never used it myself, and cannot comment on its functionality as compared to cycles.

I mentioned it in response to cusa (whose post I did not understand completely as it is in spanish).

AMD is working on making cycles (and in general large kernels compile properly) work, and there have been progress on that front,but I cannot share it publicly.

0 Likes

Sorry, my fault. I must have overread cusa's post. It's great to hear, that progress has been made! However, many people (including me) have doubts, because it's taking such a long time and AMD is making a great secret about the progress. Is there any possibility to rediscuss the information policy about this issue? If this is a really serious issue and it will take another 6 - 12 months to finally fix - it's okay, just tell us. Blindly waiting for a fix is worse than having an estimated release date.

//Edit: Great news everyone! The user Sdar over at http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?302079-Blender-Cycles-AMD-Opencl-It-s-possible-wo... got OpenCL working with latest beta drivers and Blender version! Finally some progress can be seen! @himanshu.gautam: is it finally fixed? Or does it still need some more work?

0 Likes

At the top of OpenCL not try the issue? I would seem more interesting to consider the people in LuxRender to "Dade" Amd support if given or slg luxvr end could be the great solution for following companies too.

view- OpenCL unbiased Path tracing - Sponza - AMD Radeon 7970 - YouTube // OpenCL unbiased Path tracing - Streets of Asia Scene - AMD Radeon 7970 - YouTube

Español

En la cumbre de opencl no se trato el tema? Me pareceria mas interesante plantear a la gente de luxrender a "Dade" un apoyo de Amd si se le da a terminar luxvr o slg podria ser la gran solucion para tras empresas tambien.

0 Likes