cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cusa123
Adept I

I have bought a Amd / Ati Brecht van Lommel (creator of cycles to Blender).

I have bought a Amd / Ati Brecht van Lommel (creator of cycles to Blender).
I'd think it would be good if amd would give graphics programmers alguan least low-end so they can provide solutions to problems such cycles. And the big question is Amd by supporting some projects more interesting would give him more importance as some hardware did not cost much to give a graph Amd Brecht van Lommel order to solve the problem of cycles Hopefully now you can find the problem and fix it. But also this LuxRender with slg and luxvr think it will be of primary importance amd support to solve some urgent character.

0 Likes
13 Replies
nou
Exemplar

Re: I have bought a Amd / Ati Brecht van Lommel (creator of cycles to Blender).

It is not Cycles issue that it doesn't work with AMD OpenCL implementation. Problem is in AMD OpenCL compiler which doesn't manage to compile big complex kernels. There are severals another OpenCL applications which hit this same issue.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

So the problem is AMD? And Lagoa ?

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Yes problem is in AMD's compiler. AMD Engineers are working on it, for rather a long time now. But soon I may have some news to share on this. Please stay patient.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Could you tell me where the AMD solution that can provide as quickly as possible as this will drag on for some time and say (years) and be somewhat patient is complicated!

0 Likes
bubu
Adept II

I think AMD should donate a representative set of AMD products to most important and innovative OpenCL free projects ( Blender/Cycles, xNormal/ratGPU, Paint.NET/Gimp, etc... ) so their dev team could optimize and improve compatibility with your products.

Think that most of these free projects have almost null financial resources and it's very hard for them to get high-end cards like a Radeon 7990. Gifting to them a few cards have a minimal impact on AMD's economy but a brutal impact on your popularity, optimization, bechmarks vs NVIDIA/Intel and invaluable feedback. Lot's of people use those programs and that will directly benefit you, AMD.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Amd can somehow give some support to LuxRender serious character?
It's been a few days without amd responses, the question is simple amd have any short-term solution?. ((John Carmack: NVIDIA AMD beats with its drivers)) Doom Creator John Carmack Believes Nvidia Wins over AMD Due to Better Drivers

Español_____________

Puede de alguna manera Amd dale algun apoyo a Luxrender de caracter serio?

Ya pasaron algunos dias y sin respuestas de amd, la pregunta es simple amd tiene alguna solucion a corto plazo?. ((John Carmack: NVIDIA supera a AMD gracias a sus drivers))

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hope you understand we cannot claim that something works, unless our regression tests pass successfully. I do understand it is taking time, but we are consistently tracking for blender cycles support.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Anything new cycles or some other render engine for Amd radeon?

español

Alguna novedad con cycles o algun otro motor de render para Amd radeon?

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Smalllux render has been reported to be working on AMD GPUs.

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1285984#1285984

0 Likes