cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bsp2020
Challenger

HSA enabled OpenCL beta driver question.

http://developer.amd.com/resources/heterogeneous-computing/opencl-zone/opencl-1-2-beta-driver/

I have questions about this beta driver. Is there any chance this driver might work on other motherboard that uses a88x chipset? In particular, I want to know if MSI A88XM-E45 would work. Also, AnanTech (AnandTech Portal | AMD updates driver and programming tools roadmap for supporting HSA features in K...) mentions that the HSA software roadmap has been released. Where can we get this roadmap?

Thanks.

Brian

0 Likes
5 Replies
sarobi
Adept III

The mentioned roadmap is explained in Anandtech's text you linked.

0 Likes

Well, AnandTech article does not show target release date for Windows. I was wondering if there is a schedule/target release date for HSA on windows. Reading AnandTech, I get the impression that AMD is putting Windows effort on hold, in order to concentrate on Linux effort, and AMD just release this beta since Windows software won't change for the next couple quarters. If that is the case, I'd like to see it stated more explicitly.

0 Likes

I guess AMD simply can't share their HSA roadmap for Windows at this point, otherwise they would have mentioned it in this article or elsewhere already. However, I applaud them for not forgetting to support Linux properly.

0 Likes
gabbayo
Adept II

Hi Brian,

Because a long time has passed since your original post, I would like to know if the HSA Linux drivers (0.5v) worked on your MSI board.

Oded

0 Likes

@Oded

I asked the question before buying a motherboard. Since I did not get a firm answer, I just bought ASUS as specified in the beta release note and it worked.

Thanks for checking.

0 Likes