cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

user_ch
Adept I

how to access gpu display rect for amd graphic card as wglEnumGpuDevicesNV does ?

I'm work on a high resolution visualization based upon several ati firepro cards and a cpu, each card is responsible for some monitors. I want to figure out the render rect of each gpu. I have found that nvdia cards can use wglEnumGpuDevicesNV to figure it out, but how to get the information on a amd card?

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

we have no dedicated function to retrieve the dimension of a specific display on a GPU. Anyhow you can get this information by enumerating the display devices. For each display that is mapped you will be able to query the origin and the dimension. You can either use ADL or use windows functions like enumDisplayDevices.

I attached you some sample code that actually enumerates all devices using ADL and that provides you functions to get the Displays per GPU. You could use it as below:

enumDisplays();

// Get first display on GPU 0

uiDsp = getDisplayOnGPU(0, 0);

getOrigin(uiDsp, Origin_X, origin_Y);

getSize(uiDsp, w, h);

// Get second display on GPU 0

uiDsp = getDisplayOnGPU(0, 1);

To compile the attached code you need to get ADL from: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

we have no dedicated function to retrieve the dimension of a specific display on a GPU. Anyhow you can get this information by enumerating the display devices. For each display that is mapped you will be able to query the origin and the dimension. You can either use ADL or use windows functions like enumDisplayDevices.

I attached you some sample code that actually enumerates all devices using ADL and that provides you functions to get the Displays per GPU. You could use it as below:

enumDisplays();

// Get first display on GPU 0

uiDsp = getDisplayOnGPU(0, 0);

getOrigin(uiDsp, Origin_X, origin_Y);

getSize(uiDsp, w, h);

// Get second display on GPU 0

uiDsp = getDisplayOnGPU(0, 1);

To compile the attached code you need to get ADL from: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

Chris

0 Likes

I tried the adl and it works. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes