Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Pensatore
Journeyman III

his hd4670 agp and opencl

can't get it to work

Hi,

I've been struggling to find out how to get it to work. I downloaded Catalyst 9.12 agp hotfix and opencl sdk but whenever I run opencl-z it says open cl isnot installed or couldn't be found. Also Sisoft Sandra crashes, it doesn't show opencl benchmark list. Help needed.

Sys specs:

P4 3.0 ghz ht

1.5gb ddr 400 ram

Win xp sp3

Latest directx

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: Pensatore Hi,

I've been struggling to find out how to get it to work. I downloaded Catalyst 9.12 agp hotfix and opencl sdk but whenever I run opencl-z it says open cl isnot installed or couldn't be found. Also Sisoft Sandra crashes, it doesn't show opencl benchmark list. Help needed.

Pensatore,

Did you install driver and SDK?  Please run any existing OpenCL sample.  I have no idea what additional settings you need to set to run opencl-z.

0 Likes

Dear sir/madam

Yes, I both have the latest agp hotfix driver and stream sdk 2.0. neither gpu-z nor opencl-z show my gpu as opencl compatible. May be it's because my card is agp and agp hotfix driver doesn't include opencl drivers.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/10/01/23/fyf.png

0 Likes

Pensatore,

You are right.

0 Likes

Does it mean that Radeon HD 46x0 with AGP interface will not have OpenCL driver? I just ordered HD 4650 AGP to play with OpenCL, should I cancel my order?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: pauljurczak Does it mean that Radeon HD 46x0 with AGP interface will not have OpenCL driver? I just ordered HD 4650 AGP to play with OpenCL, should I cancel my order?

Pauljurczak,

It is better to go for Radeon HD 5XXX series if you want play with OpenCL completely.  Please see list of OpenCL supported device here http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/Pages/default.aspx.

It is better to cancel order.

0 Likes

genaganna,

Thank you for responding, I did cancel my order. I know that HD 5000 has better OpenCL performance, but I want to get a little bit more mileage from my PC, which doesn't have PCI Express bus.

HD 4650 is listed as OpenCL supported device, but there are reports of problems to make it work with OpenCL driver. Is it a complete showstopper or something to be resolved soon?

0 Likes

Hi,

I work with a HD4350 and I have no problems with it, of course I don't have the best performance and I don't have local memory, but the board works with opencl and the samples work with it.

best regards,

Alfonso

0 Likes

Hi Alfonso,

Does you board use AGP or PCI Express bus? The key to this problem is AGP bus, which requires a different driver than PCI Express. As far as I know, HD 4650, HD 4670 and some mobile chipsets are the only AMD products with AGP bus and OpenCL support.

Thank you,

Paul.

0 Likes

Hi Paul,

Sorry, mine is PCIe...

By the way; looking in amd specifications, it seems that some hd4000 are PCIe and others are AGP depending of the provider.

regards,

Alfonso

0 Likes

Originally posted by: pauljurczak genaganna,

Thank you for responding, I did cancel my order. I know that HD 5000 has better OpenCL performance, but I want to get a little bit more mileage from my PC, which doesn't have PCI Express bus.

HD 4650 is listed as OpenCL supported device, but there are reports of problems to make it work with OpenCL driver. Is it a complete showstopper or something to be resolved soon?

Pauljurczak,

HD 4650 works fine and supports all features of OpenCL 1.0 Spec except few extensions presently.

0 Likes