cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zultrax
Journeyman III

Help: AMD DASH Manageability on HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini

Good afternoon/morning wherever you are in the world.

Right he goes my scenario:

Business organisation which with eventually have 1000+ HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini (Already have brought about hundred),

Looking into managing these device with AMD DASH (We only just found out about Intel vPro so started looking into AMD alternative).

Now, myself and a colleague have put in quite a few hours to gets this going but have only really got about 50% of the way.

Story so far:

HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini (According to specs has DASH 1.1.0)

BIOS has been updated to version P26 02.04

AMD DASH Enabled in BIOS.

Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet Plus - Latest driver applied with both OOB Mgmt installed and BACS4.

DASHConfig.exe has been applied successfully with .xml being edited.

On my "Management" device

AMD Management Console 2.5 (AMC) has been installed.

Digest authentication has been setup.

Ok, from here, Management device can connect to DASH target device (HP 705 G3 DM),

BUT, the features are very limited, the only thing I can do from the console is, Power On/Off, Health Check and Inventory.

Now I was under the impression that AMD DASH 1.1.0 on "any HP EliteDesk 705" supports all features, i.e. Boot Config, Firmware Update and Redirection?

Is it a case that the HP EliteDesk 705 G3 DM only support very few DASH features?

Or is there something else that needs configuring/installing?

#########

P.S.

Firewall is completely disabled on DASH target device.

I have followed all guides/info from here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/cpu-development/tools-for-dmtf-dash/

I have even called HP Support to asked about the HP ED 705 G3 DM and DASH 1.1.0 to which all they could really say was that your CPU "AMD Pro A A10-8770E" supports AMD DASH only amd some other useless information I didnt need to know.

So now I am here seeking info.

Many thanks in advance,

Kindest Regards,

Zultrax.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello Zultrax,

Firewall isn't the problem. Appears like an issue with BIOS for that particular model. But we need to check with HP. We will work with HP on this issue. Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Divyanand

-Thanks
Divy
0 Likes