Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bala59
Journeyman III

GPU PerfStudio 2 : passing commandline args to the exe

Hi all,

I wanted to pass commandline args to my app which I want to attach to GPU PerfStudio2 server. How do I do that ?

I tried creating a bat file - but the server would not accept bat files.

-B

0 Likes
1 Reply
3gghead
Journeyman III

There are a few simple options available to the GPU PerfClient application. These can be used from a command prompt, or by creating a custom shortcut to launch the GPU PerfClient application.  The Client command line options that are available are as follows (note that double dashes ("--") are required):

GPUPerfClient.exe [--server <IPv4 or HostName> [--port <port number>] [--app <path to app> [--appargs <app arguments>]]]

--server <IPv4 or HostName>: Attempt to automatically connect to this server on startup

--port <port number>: Only valid with --server or --app arguments. Use this port instead of the default for the connection.

--app <path to app>: Only valid for local 32 bit app debugging. Launch the specified application with GPU PerfServer automatically when starting GPU PerfClient

--appargs <app arguments>: Specify any arguments that should be passed to the application being launched with the --app command

Straight from the .chm included with PerfStudio2 v14.1667.0.  If you code can run with no args, drag-n-drop should work.

0 Likes