cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

peter_clark
Journeyman III

GPU PerfStudio 2.14 (and 2.15) - Cannot use frame debugger or profiler - immediately crashes

Every time I try to use the frame debugger or profiler I get the same error dialog:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: <my program's name>

R6025

- pure virtual function call

This happens the instant I try to use either of the features I mentioned (by click on their respective buttons). Note that I am able to use the API trace without issue.

I've tried this on two different applications with the exact same results:

• A moderate size 3D game project (~90k LOC)
    • Normally uses OpenGL 3.2, but I have also tried using 4.2 with both a compatibility and core context with the same results.
    • External libraries used that affect graphics: SDL2 and GLEW.
    • After I click the frame debugger/profiler button my program's viewport is replaced by all blue for an instant before it crashes.
  • A tiny isolated sandbox that draws a red full screen quad with a simple shader.
    • Uses the maximum OpenGL context version it can obtain, on my machine I get a 4.4 compatibility context.
    • External libraries used that affect graphics: freeGLUT and GLEW.
    • After I click the frame debugger/profiler button it immediately crashes.

I have attached the sandbox project, both a prebuilt executable and the project/source files are included.

Note that both projects are 32-bit and are built using Visual Studio 2012.

Relevant specs for my machine:

• Windows 8.1
  • AMD R7 260x
  • Catalyst Version 14.4 (Driver Packaging Version 14.10.1006-140417a-171099C)
  • OpenGL Version (from AMD Catalyst Control Center) 6.14.10.12874
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Peter,

This could be ralated to another issue with CodeXL. See Catalyst 14.4 and CodeXL crush. There's a known issue with the 14.4 driver and Southern Island cards. Try reverting your video drivers and see if that helps.

Previous video drivers can be found here:

Previous AMD Catalyst™ Display Drivers

Tony.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies