cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

stanoo
Journeyman III

gpu not detected as opencl device

hello, sorry for newbie question and i wouldn't be asking if i haven't tried googling answer.

My radeon hd6950 is not detected as open cl device neither in GPU Caps Viewe, or OpenCL-Z softwares and its not detected in some sample opencl codes i tried.

As I am new to this, could someone please try to troubleshoot this problem with me so i can get started with opencl? As i said, had no luck finding answer.

I've downloaded newest amd sdk and catalyst crimson edition.

If you need output of any command for info about system and installed drivers, i will gladly provide. Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bill00000111
Journeyman III

I had the same problem. Support for the Radeon HD 6900 has been dropped in recent drivers.

"...Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. "

Go here: Download Drivers​ and select "Desktop Graphics", then "HD Radeon Series", etc. to select the appropriate driver.

0 Likes

I've added you both (bill00000111 and stanoo ) to the developers forum white list and moved this message to the OpenCL forum.

0 Likes
nibal
Challenger

Hi Stanoo,

Could you plz provide us with your clinfo output?

Also plz describe your system and your graphics driver.

Thanks