cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

particlepeter
Adept II

glDebugMessageCallback AMD ids ( 3rd param ) meaning

Is there some list what the id codes sent to glDebugMessageCallback 3rd param mean ? Couldn't find anything.

In particular, I am getting ids 2003 and 1000 with these messages:

GL_DEBUG:

source    : GL_DEBUG_SOURCE_API

type        : GL_DEBUG_TYPE_ERROR

severity   : GL_DEBUG_SEVERITY_HIGH

id            : 2003

message : glDrawElements failed because the currently active shader combination is invalid (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

GL_DEBUG:

source    : GL_DEBUG_SOURCE_API

type        : GL_DEBUG_TYPE_ERROR

severity   : GL_DEBUG_SEVERITY_HIGH

id            : 1000

message : glDrawElements has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

0 Likes
1 Solution
gsellers
Staff

Hi,

The ID is driver assigned and is implementation dependent. It's much like compiler warning numbers. You can chose to ignore specific items by ID, sort errors by their IDs and so on, but there is no cross-vendor meaning to the number.

Cheers,

Graham

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
gsellers
Staff

Hi,

The ID is driver assigned and is implementation dependent. It's much like compiler warning numbers. You can chose to ignore specific items by ID, sort errors by their IDs and so on, but there is no cross-vendor meaning to the number.

Cheers,

Graham

0 Likes

Hi Graham,

thanks for your reply, I knew that ( from your book 🙂 ) already and that is also the reason why I asked here in AMD forum. My GL Context is running on an AMD Kaveri 7800 and I thought those IDs do mean something vendor ( AMD ) specific. So they don't give deeper insights into the error source, other than being sortable and switchable.

Cheers, ParticlePeter

0 Likes