Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ronan_bel
Adept I

GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER Data View

Hi.

(I'm using a lot of StreamOutput buffers)

Selecting a VBO which has been used as a GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER

opens a window with another kind of visualization control (compared to a UNIFORM_BUFFER for example)

with (+X,-X,+Y,-Y,+Z,-Z) tabs (I don't understand their signification)

and nothing is displayed (no way to control the kind of data format to interpret)

By the way, my buffers are not used for rasterization, only a stream output.

Do I need to use a "fake" bind to another type of buffer to be able to display them in CodeXL please ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ronan,

CodeXL currently only supports certain VBO attachment points as readable, and GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER is sadly not among them for CodeXL 1.3.

As a workaround, either bind it to an attachment point that *DOES* work (e.g GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER, GL_ARRAY_BUFFER), or simply unbind it from the attachment point.

We will look into allowing any current (or future) VBO attachment so this issue does not happen with any new attachment points that will be added in the future.

Thank you for your report,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi Ronan,

CodeXL currently only supports certain VBO attachment points as readable, and GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER is sadly not among them for CodeXL 1.3.

As a workaround, either bind it to an attachment point that *DOES* work (e.g GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER, GL_ARRAY_BUFFER), or simply unbind it from the attachment point.

We will look into allowing any current (or future) VBO attachment so this issue does not happen with any new attachment points that will be added in the future.

Thank you for your report,

0 Likes