cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

dwootton
Journeyman III

Getting static kernel analysis output files using CodeXLKernelAnalyzer

I'm trying to get the same analysis output data for static kernel analysis of an OpenCL kernel that CodeXL provides using the command line CodeXLKernelAnalyzer application. I get the statistics data in the file specified by the --analysis option but I don't get the Analysis data/emulated execution page. I do get the ISA, IL and debug IL files if I specify the corresponding options.

I also don't see any way to specify the values for global workgroup options, local workgroup dimensions or loop iterations that I see in the Analyze tab of the CodeXL options dialog

I looked at the online help for CodeXL which describes command line options for CodeXLKernelAnalyzer but doesn't seem to describe how to do what I want.

Any suggestions regarding what I am missing or how to get the output I'm looking for.

The output from the CodeXLKernelAnalyzer --version command is

CodeXL KernelAnalyzer CLI Version 0x4157a0
OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1348.4)

I'm running this on a Linux system, and for purposes of trying to figure this out am using Bonaire as the target device

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
delifaz
Staff

Hi,

Kernel analysis data is not part of the command line.

It is part of the UI only.

Thanks,

Dana.

Are there any differences in GPU profiling between the UI and the sprofile command? Running some small tests, it looks like I can get the same output files running sprofile that I can get from running GPU profiling in CodeXL, but I'm not completely sure.

0 Likes