cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tempatel
Journeyman III

Getting error calling any clAmdBlas* function under AMD gDEBugger

I'm getting CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY error when calling any of clAmdBlas* functions (clAmdBlasSsyr2 for example) under gDEBugger.

Error occurs only when running under gDEBugger either code compiled in debug mode by Visual Studio 2010 or MinGW 4.6.1 g++. I'm using OpenCL 1.1 AMD-APP (831.4) and AMD APP SDK 2.6. I also tryied to run gDEBugger from Visual Studio and as standalone with g++ compiled executable - same result.

What can be a reason of this problem? How can I fix it?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Are you using  gDEBugger 6.2 version ?,  I tried with the latest gDEBugger and APPML 1.7 clBLAS beta build, All the functions related clAMDBlas is running fine within the gDEBugger. I used VS native compiler, but haven't tried it with g++.

What catalyst driver are you using ? Are you facing problem only on GPU or CPU as well ?

Does the program run fine without the debugger ??,  Can you cut & paste the code your trying to compile & run

Thanks

0 Likes

I'm using gDEBugger 6.2.865.0, APPML 1.6.180 (loking forward to try 1.7beta) and AMD Catalyst 12.3 Driver. Trying to run program on CPU device, didn't try on GPU. Program works correctly without debugger. Related part of source code is in attachment

0 Likes

Well I couldn't get much from source file, Anyhow can you try this, go to AMDBlas folder under  "Program Files" "AMD/clAmdBlas/samples"  There are several samples,  Now compile them in Visual Studio 2010 and try to run it through gDEBugger (via Visual Studio extension)

Do you still see problem ?

Also let me know what kind of  CPU you are using ? Does this happen only AMDBlas libraries ? Did you try running any of the AMD APP SDK samples like templateC, etc using CPU, do you still  see the CL_OUT_OF_MEMORY error.?

0 Likes
tempatel
Journeyman III

Finally found a way to reproduce this issue. Sample code attached. The way to reproduce issue is to call clAmdBlasSsymvEx several times. Mine starting return an error after three calls. Returning -6  -CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY. Configuration is the same as declared above.

Tryied to debug x64 application - same result.

0 Likes

Hi Tempatel,

Thanks for the sample code,  we are able to reproduce this. We will bug report this against  the product.

Appreciate your patience.

0 Likes