cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

et1
Adept II

gDEBugger doesn't work well with shared OpenGL contexts

I'm trying to use gDEBugger with a program that has two contexts and uses wglShareLists. When run this way, gDEBugger has problems with anything from displaying a correct stack trace on the second context, to showing the list of buffers and textures and displaying buffers. Removing wglShareLists makes gDEBugger work much better.

0 Likes
3 Replies
mzanany
Staff

Hi,

We haven't been able to reproduce the issues you've mentioned in our lab.

If you can, please send us a small sample that reproduces the issues you've encountered and we'll try to understand the problem and fix it.

Also, it would be helpful if you could specify the environment you're running on (OS, 32/64 bit, GPU type, etc.)

Thank you,

GPU Developer Tools Support

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. I probably won't supply a small sample soon, since gDEBugger doesn't look as helpful as I'd like even when it works. Tried glIntercept and it looks more useful.

System details: Windows 7 x64 on MacBook Pro (Boot Camp) with Catalyst 12.1 installed (gDEBugger doesn't work at all with the Boot Camp drivers). GPU is Radeon 6750M. I realise that the driver isn't supported on this platform and that could be a problem, but the official Boot Camp driver is over a year old and is pretty limited.

0 Likes

Hi,

Which gDEBugger version are you using?

Thanks,

GPU Developer Tools Support

0 Likes