cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Anteru
Staff

GaussianNoiseGL sample from APP fails with 4.x GL context on Linux

I've just tried to run the AMD APP SDK sample GaussianNoiseGL on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and a R9 290X and the Catalyst 14.6, and it works fine when compiled as provided. However, if I change the major GL context version to 4 (instead of 3), it doesn't work any more. Nothing else changed. I've found this while trying to create a repro-case for a problem in another application, where I have to use 4.x.

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds? Anyone else who can reproduce it?

0 Likes
3 Replies
gopal
Staff

Hi Anteru,

I also found the same behavior. After setting GLX_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION_ARB to 4, sample image goes blank.

I will contact opengl driver team and get back to you.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi Anteru,

It is a known issue and issue has been raised to OpenGL driver team. It is supposed to fix in next release of driver.

This is because, the sharing seems to be broken if context version is 4.x.

Alternatively for the time being, you can replace glXCreateContextAttribsARB() function with glXCreateContext() to create GL context. The later one will create latest GL context, as supported by installed driver (as in this case 4.4 version) and sample should work without fail.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hm, that doesn't solve it for me at least. I didn't try with the sample, but with a bigger application which has the same issue, and using glXCreateContext didn't change the behaviour there. I'll check again with the sample, but in my application, I'm getting invalid context when trying to map resources from OpenGL to OpenCL with both glXCreateContext and creating the context with attributes. I'll check again on Windows as well, whether the issue is resolved there at least, cause I have a similar problem there (OpenGL/OpenCL interop isn't working, it's the same application in fact.)

0 Likes