cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Marix
Adept II

Function selection not working in KernelAnalyzer 11.11

If multiple kernels are contained within one source file loaded into the Kernel Analyzer the Compiler Statistics window always displays the data from the first kernel in the file, independent of which kernel is selected in the function drop down menu. The Object Code window seems to be updated correctly.

The problem can be reproduced using the attached code. Not that the Fetch column stays at 2 if the vecMulAdd-Function is selected via the dropdown. If the order of the kernels is changed it changes to 3, and stays at that value even if vecAdd is selected via the dropdown.

I am aware that the code needs to be recompiled after the function selection for the statistics to be updated, however it seems only to update the Object Code.

Please not that I am using the workaround described in http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=347&threadid=157841&enterthread=y to run the Kernel Analyzer on a system without an AMD GPU. If the issue does not exist on a system with an AMD GPU this would also be valuable information to me.

__kernel void vecAdd(__global float * const restrict out, __global const float * const restrict in1, __global const float * const restrict in2) { const size_t id = get_global_id(0); out[id] = in1[id] + in2[id]; } __kernel void vecMulAdd(__global float * const restrict out, __global const float * const restrict in1, __global const float * const restrict in2, __global const float * const restrict in3) { const size_t id = get_global_id(0); out[id] = in1[id] * in2[id] + in3[id]; }

0 Likes
2 Replies
antzrhere
Adept III

I am experiencing the exact same problem - I *wrongly* posted on the OpenCL forum about the same issue.

0 Likes
rouellet
Staff

Thank you for your bug report.  I have found and fixed the problem (which I introduced with version 1.11).  The next release will have this fix.

Until then, you have found a workaround of sorts.  Version 1.11 will analyze the first kernel in the source window.

0 Likes