cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

giova
Journeyman III

Framelock with 3D Stereo Content (multiple v7900 and S400)

Hi All,

I'd to sinchronize 5 workstations equipped with a FirePro v7900 and S400, each connected to 4 identical projectors (120Hz HD-Ready).

S400s are chained connected others using ethernet cables, to the workstation which generate sync signal, is connect an IR emitter for Active shutter glasses.

How can i sync 3D stereo Contents between workstations? The Framelock seems not to work on 3D Stereo Content: frames are locked, Left and Right BACK_BUFFERS are randomly swapped between walls (projectors on same workstation are well synchronized).

I'm trying to synchronize glut applications using glutSwapBuffers.

I also tried using this code:

bool ret = wglQueryMaxSwapGroupsNV(mhDC, &nMaxGroups, &nMaxBarriers);

if (nMaxGroups > 0 && nMaxBarriers > 0){

if (!wglJoinSwapGroupNV(mhDC, nGroup))

exit(0);

if (!wglBindSwapBarrierNV(nGroup, nBarrier))

exit(0);

}

but same result.

Which function i should use to syncronize correctly Stereo Contents?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

unfortunately the current drivers do not support the synchronization of the eyes in active stereo mode with framelock. The code you listed is correct to enable Framelock. After binding to the SwapBarrier your SwapBuffers will be synchronized over the systems but the eye (left or right) that is displayed with the swap is not guaranteed to match the IR signal. Only the TimingServer which is connected with the IR emitter is guaranteed to show the correct eye.

giova
Journeyman III

Hi, thanks for reply, that's what i was suspecting.

Is there a way to synchronize eyes using active stereo among all displays? Do you know if (and when) this feature will be supported?

Thanks

Ragards

0 Likes

Hi,

currently you have no way to synchronize the eyes in active stereo mode across multiple GPUs. We are aware of this limitation and we are looking into it but I cannot yet tell you when we will have a solution for this.

0 Likes