Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rich99
Adept I

Framelock using Direct3D, S400 and Firepro cards

Hi,

We currently need to framelock a D3D9 application between different computers (synced by S400) for a massive video wall type scenario. We use multiple FirePro W8100 cards and S400.

How can we synchronize buffer swaps and join groups while using the D3D API?

We'll later be moving to d3d11 and will need it there too. Looking at the WGL sample, it should be pretty easy to do the same with D3D.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

we support framelock with DX9. I attached you the header file with the extension definition and some code snippets that show how to enable framelock with DX9.Please note that framelock is only supported in full-screen exclusive mode.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

we support framelock with DX9. I attached you the header file with the extension definition and some code snippets that show how to enable framelock with DX9.Please note that framelock is only supported in full-screen exclusive mode.

Chris

0 Likes

Thanks for the code, this is what I needed.

0 Likes

Is there the same for DX11?

0 Likes

Hi,

yes we have the same for DX11. Please find the extension headers and some code snippets attached. To run with FL enabled the application needs to be in exclusive full-screen mode and the S400 needs to be configured in the catalyst Control center.

Chris

Thank you

0 Likes