Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

grakidov
Journeyman III

FrameDebugger crash with FuryX and OpenGL

Hi,

This is Georgi, from Ivent (https://www.facebook.com/iventgames). We are hard at work on an Ultimate version of our game for PC:
https://youtu.be/bV7hbSmQDwk

https://youtu.be/tj7QmHZkQuI

First I would like to ask you for approval to be able to post in the dev forums if possible.

I've bought an Fury X (day one) as my primary dev hardware cause I'm huge fan of ATI/AMD
But there is some issues with frame debugger tool
I'm experiencing immediate crash whit blue screen when I try to start the frame debugger from GPU PerfStudio 3.2.18

My GPU is Radeon Fury X and I hope to be able to use it for my primary devPC

We are using OGL3.3 Core Profile to render our game.

How can I use Frame Debugger and GPUPerfStudio ?

Here is the hardware information form CCC:

Graphics Card Manufacturer Built by AMD

Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Series

Device ID 7300

Vendor ID 1002

Subsystem ID 0B36

Subsystem Vendor ID 1002

Revision ID C8

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 3.0

Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0x16

BIOS Version 015.048.000.063

BIOS Part Number 113-C8800100-101

BIOS Date 2015/05/29

Memory Size 4096 MB

Memory Type High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)

Core Clock in MHz 1050 MHz

Memory Clock in MHz 500 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 512.0 Gbyte/s

Here is the software information from CCC:

Driver Packaging Version 15.20.1046-150622a-186188C

Catalyst Version 15.7

Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1500

2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001

Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01128

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13397

Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0077

Mantle API Version 98308

AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2015.0622.2137.37044

AMD Audio Driver Version 7.12.0.7722

Many Thanks,

Georgi

0 Likes
3 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

You have been whitelisted. I moved your question into the GPU Developer Tools forum.

Welcome to the community!

Hi Georgi,

Are you able to get an API trace using GPU PerfStudio? To start with, try temporarily renaming GPUPerfAPIGL*.dll in your GPU PerfStudio folder. You won't get any timing information but you might be able to run the frame debugger. If the frame debugger now works, there's a problem in GPUPerfAPI. We're using the glQueries to retrieve timing information, and if your game is using timing queries, it can mess with things. We're still investigating this issue, but you could comment out any queries in your code before using GPU PerfStudio. Let me know how you get on. We've never encountered a blue screen problem before so it would be good if we could get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Nice to e-meet you! I've managed to run API trace but the frame debugger crashes again. I've renamed all of the GPUPerfAPI*.dll files to __GPUPerfAPI*.dll but the crash still exists. I'm suspecting that the last rendered draw call crashes the frame debugger when is selected (the last draw call is selected by default in the frame debugger). It might be something specific to my hardware + software setup

I going to send you PMessage with example content. It would be great if you catch it. I would love to use amd in my dev rig!

Thanks,

Georgi

0 Likes