Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kcarney
Staff

First-Ever AMD FirePro™ APU

8/7/2012

Today AMD (NYSE: AMD) launched the AMD FirePro™ A300 Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) for entry-level and mainstream desktop workstations. Featuring AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, the new AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs are designed for users who demand a high-performance computing platform to power their computer-aided design, and media and entertainment (M&E) workflows. The new AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs combine industry-certified performance and reliability for professional applications with world-class 24-hour customer support, delivering highly-tuned performance and robust feature support across a range of professional applications and tools.

The AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs will be available in systems from a number of workstation integrators starting in August of 2012.

AMD FirePro™ A300 Series APUs
APU ModelTDPCPU CoresCPU Clock (Max/Base)AMD Stream ProcessorsGPU ClockUnlocked2
AMD FirePro™ A30065W44 GHz / 3.4 GHz384760 MHzNo
AMD FirePro™ A320100W44.2 GHz / 3.8 GHz384800 MHzYes

Learn more here: http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-firepro-apu-2012aug7.aspx

Supporting Resources

0 Likes
2 Replies
Skysnake
Adept II

I have a question about the APUs.

When we look on the SP/DP Values, we see, that the DP:SP ratio is 1:4 for the complete APU.

We remember, the iGPU is a VLIW4 GPU, so bestcase in DP:SP should be 1:4, and when i remember right, the DP:SP-Ratio for the Trinity Desktop APUs the APU have 1:16.

But this is not so important. The CPU normaly have 1:2 not 1:4 DP:SP ratio. How come AMD to this 1:4 ratio?

Lots of people are very confused about this. Is it possible to explane this more detailed?

Are there any Turbo-Core effects? And is the iGPU now 1:4 or 1:16 or whatever?

0 Likes
mdmannan
Journeyman III

this doc is very improtent for me.thinks kristen carney

0 Likes