cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jtrudeau
Staff

Feedback discussion: How is AMD doing for developers?

My goal is to ensure that you as a software developer:

• Get what you need to develop code for AMD platforms
  • Know where to find it

Use this thread to provide feedback to AMD developer outreach.  I am very interested in

• Kudos - what you think we're doing well
  • Complaints - what you think we are not doing well
  • Suggestions - what new ideas or approaches might help

You can start independent threads if you want, but it's handy if all the ideas are in one place. You can provide me feedback or ideas about:

I will try to respond to any suggestion within 1 business day, but you know, I do take time off occasionally. So I won't promise. I do promise to listen. And thanks in advance for the feedback.

0 Likes
48 Replies

And fixed. THANKS!

bsp2020
Challenger

One more suggestion. Provide better coverage of important event to developers/users.Live blog of Future of Compute (The Future of Compute Live Blog - Malaysia-) event was good. But I still don't know how to find it from amd.com website and there was no PDF of the presentation. Your competition already has all the video and presentation from SC14 (SC14 Event Highlights | NVIDIA) The only video I could find about AMD FirePro products are from Fireuser.com and there are only one without the PDF of the presentation.

0 Likes

Brian,

This one definitely falls on the right ears.   Among the things I'm doing is establishing a network of connections here inside AMD and a detailed calendar of stuff just like this: events that are coming up. So I can hook up with the people going, get their material, and get it online SOMEWHERE the same day it appears at the show. Having said that, it's a global company, we do a LOT of stuff, and I'm sure I'm going to miss things from time to time.

FWIW, I am absolutely aware of SC14, I know who was present, and we hooked up in advance. The lesson I learn from this feedback is.... don't wait for the show to be done, get it up near real-time. Message received. And thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
jossgray
Adept II

I'd like to see better documentation for the AMD ADL SDK.

There is missing documentation. A lot of the documentation is vague and there are limited examples on how to actually use it.

0 Likes

Thanks Joss - feedback sent to team. Gives me the chance to help guide them on the kind of stuff (Examples!) that are really valuable to developers. Just 'cuz the development team knows how to use it doesn't mean the rest of us do.

0 Likes

In particular, from the ADL SDK v7.0,

• What is "ADL and how to use it" page is blank.
  • ADL_Graphics_Platform_Get is missing documention.
  • ADLDisplayID documentation is quite vague. It's not clear which field needs to be used as the iDisplayIndex paramter for most display functions.
  • ADL_Workstation_GLSyncSupportedTopology_Get documentation seems to be copy pasted from ADL_Workstation_DisplayGLSyncMode_Set.

I would like to see an example showing the correct way to synchronise displays using the S400 card

0 Likes

Just to add to that.

The ADL SDK is really powerful, I would just like to see more real world samples. Currently it takes a bit of time to figure out how things fit together ( apart from features that have samples already ).

0 Likes
jossgray
Adept II

Release notes for AMD FirePro drivers. Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not.

They also don't seem so have any new features of fixes documented anymore.

0 Likes

Thanks Joss Gray I'll get both the ADL and FirePro feedback to the teams.

0 Likes