cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Error in CodeXL:Not Able to debug the Kernel.

Hi

When i am trying to debug the kernel. CodeXL Version  0.94.774

i get this error,

"could not debug the kernel.,This kernel uses unsupported features.

Kernel might be using printf command"

Where as i dont use any printf Statements inside the Kernel...

I have like 7 Kernels in the Same .cl file...When i put the breakpoints in Each of the Kernels and try to step through...

After the First Or the Second Kernel is executed it eits with this error SIGSEGV...and as i See there is nö Memory Problem...

When i tried to debug the Same Kernel with nö changes sometimes it goes through all the Kernels with proper result...

Are there Lot of Bugs with CodeXL Beta Version ....and i See there is a New Version which is 1.0.100 ...which i am Not Able to Update Presently,Hope to See Bugs fixed with the Update...

Thanks for the help.

4 Replies
dorono
Staff

Hi Sharath,

Thanks for using CodeXL beta version.

Could you post the Catalyst version and OS version you're using? Core dump? Furthermore, if you can share your code I will be able to give a definite answer why the debugging session crashes.

CodeXL 1.0 is not yet available but is coming very soon! It will contain a host of bug fixes and improved features so it's something to look forward to...

Doron Ofek

Advanced Micro Devices

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes

When i am trying to debug other examples,usch as convolution which i am getting proper outputs,that also i am not able to debug...shows the same message

Could not debug kernel.

This kernel uses unsupported features.

Kernel might be using printf command.

But when i try to load the teapot sample it works,i see quite number of people posting today having the same problem.

vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
cpu family  : 6
model       : 15
model name  : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600 @ 2.40GHz

GPU
Platform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Platform Extensions: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callbaccl_amd_offline_devices

Board name:                         AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Platform ID: 0x00007fad35364820
Name: Cayman
Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device OpenCL C version: OpenCL C 1.2
Driver version: 1016.4
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version:                            OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1016.4)
Max compute units: 22

Operating system

Debian linux.

drivers

Untitled.png

0 Likes

Hi Sharath,

From the information provided by you, i could infer that you are using OpenCL 1.2.

CodeXL does not support some of the API's in OpenCL 1.2 i.e. for example clLinkProgram. That's the reason, you are seeing " Could not debug kernel. This kernel uses unsupported features...." error message.

The inbuilt "Teapot" sample does not use any of the OpenCL 1.2 API's and hence it runs fine without any issues.

We will be updating the forum once the support for OpenCL 1.2 is enabled in CodeXL.

Thanks,

Kalyan P

It would be also nice if CodeXL will write what exactly is wrong and not just geenral "unsupported feature error"

Thanks

Détecter la langue » English
would be also nice if 
Détecter la langue » English
0 Likes