Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Tristan23
Journeyman III

Does AMD give a damn about its users?

Originally posted by: genaganna

In 11.9,  It is fixed for windows and Linux fix will be available in future releases.

No, it's not fixed.

As I already wrote for the 11.9 RC driver, for system with more than one GPU the bug still exists!

I have a system with 2 x 6970 - and I get 100% CPU load per CPU. With Catalyst 11.9

Question: Do you not test your software at AMD before you release it????

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

Originally posted by: genaganna

Please give us benchmark.

Here the link to RARed benchmark: MB_bench_v208

The easiest way to reproduce environment for my test is to join to one of BOINC (boinc.berkeley.edu) projects. App in benchmark designed for SETI@home BOINC project. So, it's required to work fast when CPU under 100% load too.
This bench will disable/enable BOINC subsystem automatically. As alternative, one can use some another idle-priority CPU-consuming processes to mimic required environment.

To start testing just run one of CMD files in top subdirectory. also, there is short readme.
0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

genaganna, did you reproduce issue?
0 Likes
Tristan23
Journeyman III

When members of the AMD team write "Please give us more info" it usually means: "We don't care about your s**t - but at least we give you the impression that we would."

0 Likes
hashman
Journeyman III

It certainly doesn't help when people claim "it is fixed".

Really because every single MULTIPLE-GPU system I have tested the 100% cpu bug remains.

Did a clean install of Windows 7 on machine w/ 2x 5970s, installed Catalyst, installed SDK, ran examples in SDK  .... drumroll ... 100% CPU bug is present.

So to those who are claiming "it is fixed" could you be a little more specific.  Please provide the OS, number of GPU, GPU models, and specific kernel example where the "100% CPU BUG" is "fixed". 

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: hashman It certainly doesn't help when people claim "it is fixed".

Really because every single MULTIPLE-GPU system I have tested the 100% cpu bug remains.

Did a clean install of Windows 7 on machine w/ 2x 5970s, installed Catalyst, installed SDK, ran examples in SDK  .... drumroll ... 100% CPU bug is present. So to those who are claiming "it is fixed" could you be a little more specific.  Please provide the OS, number of GPU, GPU models, and specific kernel example where the "100% CPU BUG" is "fixed". 

Hey guys,

It is fixed in windows but Internally we found few more issues also in windows.  i will let you know more information.

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

FYI - Cat 11.10 just plain broken. My app produces wrong results with it, all prev releases at least ensure correct results...
0 Likes
Tristan23
Journeyman III

genaganna wrote:

It is fixed in windows but Internally we found few more issues also in windows.  i will let you know more information.

OK, so

1) When can we expect a hotfix?

2) When can we expect a final version?

And please don't start bulls**tting us!

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: Raistmer FYI - Cat 11.10 just plain broken. My app produces wrong results with it, all prev releases at least ensure correct results...

Raistmer,

We downloaded the 11.10 preview driver. I did not see issues with the applications i have.

How can i conclude your MB_bench_v208 is runing fine(giving correct results)?     

I see following in log. What is the meaning of theses.

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value

Result : Different

Is it possible to get your application for testing?

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: Tristan23 genaganna wrote:

OK, so

1) When can we expect a hotfix?

2) When can we expect a final version?

And please don't start bulls**tting us!

Tristan23,

I cannot tell you time lines.

You should also remember that we are here to help each other. Not for some thing else.

0 Likes