cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Knatter
Journeyman III

distorted windows

On ATI Fire Pro V7800 graphics cards in dual monitor mode, all windows (explorer, word, etc.) look distorted after i moved them quickly from one monitor to the other. If i move them slowly, there are no artefacts. Does anyone else have similar problems?
(Driver 8.773.1.1 and earlier; Windows XP)

Thanks
Knatter

0 Likes
4 Replies

Knatter,

we have not seen this in any internal testing, does the distortion persist after you stop moving the window?

- Allen

Advanced Micro Device

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes

Hi Allen,

yes, the distortion persist after i stop moving. Some customers have reported us the same problem.

Knatter

0 Likes

Knatter,

can you provide some additional details?  OS, system config data so that we can try to reproduce here?

thanks

-- Allen

Advanced Micro Device

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes

When I try to playback mp3's in winamp or itunes, or even windows media player, I get harsh distortion and static. In windows media player, the distortion doesn't occur as harsh or as often, and I can actually hear the song still... in the other programs its just continuous noise. I had starcraft 2 installed and loading that caused constant distortion. But instant messenger sounds work fine, and anything from the web can be played back crystal clear.

0 Likes