cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jossgray
Adept II

Differentiate between active and passive adapters in ADL

Is there any way to differentiate between active and passive displayport adapters using the ADL.

I'm specifically looking for a way to find out whether a display is connected using a passive or active adapter.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

you can determine the connection type by checking the ADLDisplayInfo structure. The structure contains the iDisplayConnector element. This element indicates if a DP, DVI-I, DVI-D etc  connection is used. Unfortunately you cannot determine the type of dongle. A display connected via active dongle looks like a DP connection and this is waht the iDisplayConnector would return in this case. For a passive dongle iDisplayConnector would be DVI-D.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

you can determine the connection type by checking the ADLDisplayInfo structure. The structure contains the iDisplayConnector element. This element indicates if a DP, DVI-I, DVI-D etc  connection is used. Unfortunately you cannot determine the type of dongle. A display connected via active dongle looks like a DP connection and this is waht the iDisplayConnector would return in this case. For a passive dongle iDisplayConnector would be DVI-D.

Chris

0 Likes