Journeyman III

compiler bug???

here is a code example that put the runtime compiler in an infinite loop

typedef struct my_struct

{

unsigned char x;

unsigned char y;

}my_struct;

__kernel void try_this(__global my_struct *pStruct)

{

my_struct a;

int i;

a = pStruct[1];

i = a.x * a.y;

printf("%d",i );

}

the driver version appearing in clinfo is 923.1 , i have tried compiling on Radeon 7660D

it seems the structure copy is the problem , when changing x and y to int it works fine

the printf is there only to prevent the compiler from ignoring the i calculation, it can be replaced with some output update

can some verify this on the latest drivers or offer a solution ?

Regards,

Yaniv

0 Likes
1 Solution

Nice to hear that kernel is compiling for you now . What version do you get after installing Catalyst 13.4?

For Fixing APP SDK installation issue, please delete the AMDAPP folder manually before installing. Samples will get installed properly after that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Thanks for posting your kernel. I will let you know my findings.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi yaniv,

You kernel seems to be compiling with 13.4 Catalyst driver on a Windows7 machine having HD 7770 + Intel Ivy Bridge.

clinfo returns Driver Version as 1124.2(VM). Can you let me know about your setup? I would recommend you to try with the latest Catalyst driver.

Hi Himanshu,

last time i tried updating the drivers i ended up with some completely screwed up enviorment

never the less i have install the latest drivers i could find 13.4 and app_sdk 2.8 (the examples package would not install for some reason)

since then the code compiles fine , so i guess it's was a bug that was fixed

i have noticed your driver version is 1124.2 , what do i need to install to get the latest openCL drivers ?

Regards,

Yaniv

0 Likes

Nice to hear that kernel is compiling for you now . What version do you get after installing Catalyst 13.4?

For Fixing APP SDK installation issue, please delete the AMDAPP folder manually before installing. Samples will get installed properly after that.

0 Likes

thanks,

now i am also up to date on OpenCL version

Regards,

Yaniv

0 Likes