cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

qix
Journeyman III

CodeXL refusing to start/respond after CCC update

I'm trying to use CodeXL to debug an OpenGL program of mine through the VS2010 plugin. I was getting OpenCL driver not found errors and couldn't find the OpenCL debug engine setting to disable it like CodeXL suggested, so I decided to try to update Catalyst to see if it fixed the problem.

It made it worse. After throwing a few warnings in Visual studio the first time I booted it up after reinstalling CodeXL, it refuses to do anything now.

Running the standalone does nothing - nothing shows up, no process is started, nothing. In visual studio, the plugin is there (the toolbars/menu are there), but none of the menu buttons do anything. When I click the "start debugging" button from the CodeXL menu, it tells me OpenCL will be disabled since I don't have an AMD GPU installed (which I have a Radeon, so I don't know what it's talking about). Then, it says the project type isn't supported and that I need to use C/C++ projects if the problem persists (which I am - the entire project is C++). Then, nothing.

Not even the help menu items work.

What's going on here?

0 Likes
2 Replies
dorono
Staff

Hi qix,

Thank you for sharing. Could you post the version numbers of CodeXL, the previous Catalyst and the new Catalyst that you used?

Thanks

Doron Ofek

Advanced Micro Devices

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes
qix
Journeyman III

I believe I was at 12.8 and then upgraded to 12.10. I even tried upgrading to 12.11 with no luck.

Judging by the MSI that was downloaded the codeXL version is 0.94.2123 (x64).

0 Likes