cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zoli0726
Journeyman III

CodeXL kills VS12

Hi, the latest CodeXL somehow bugs my VS. If i install it i have constant cpu usage on one core at 100%, and it force close randomly.

I use the latest updates of everything. OS: windows 8.1 64-bit. I tried to reinstall both of them, but it didnt help, i got the same when i installed CodeXL.

Is there any workaround to solve this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
dorono
Staff

Try changing the indentation setting  (Tools->Options->Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Tabs -> Indenting) from Smart to None.  This has been reported as fixing the problem.

See Re: Installed CodeXL on Win8 appears to have broken Visual Studio 2012 and Re: Fixing right-click crash in Visual Studio 2012 + CodeXL

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Do you have VS12 update 3 installed?

0 Likes

I have update 4. Is it a problem?

0 Likes
dorono
Staff

Try changing the indentation setting  (Tools->Options->Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Tabs -> Indenting) from Smart to None.  This has been reported as fixing the problem.

See Re: Installed CodeXL on Win8 appears to have broken Visual Studio 2012 and Re: Fixing right-click crash in Visual Studio 2012 + CodeXL

0 Likes

Thank you, and sorry for the double post.

I hope the bug will completly fixed soon.

0 Likes

This bug has been completely fixed in CodeXL 1.3.4905. The latest release of CodeXL to date is 1.4 and it includes this fix too.

0 Likes