cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cgrant78
Adept III

CodeXL installation woes

For some unknown reason I've been having issues updating CodeXL beyond 1.5. The setup gets stuck on stopping services and eventually this dialog box pops up.
pastedImage_0.png

I'm installing as an administrator

Catalyst Version: 14.501.1003

0 Likes
3 Replies
cgrant78
Adept III

3 weeks now and on response? I haven't been able to update past version 1.5 with the same issue and frankly I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this issue..

0 Likes

Took some time, but I finally figured it out so I'll post the resolution here just in case someone else experiences the same issue.

The issue it seems was is cause by the CALoadService service that the now defunct CodeAnalyst installed on the system. I've long removed CodeAnalyst from my computer but the services was not uninstalled. The installer seems to check for and unload the service but there seems to be a permission issue ( even though I was running as admin at the time of the install ). To resolve the issue, either stop the service or just uninstall it completely ( I think the readme for CodeAnalyst mentioned that CA needs to be remove prior to installing, but I'm not 100% certain on that. )

Hi Carrado,

This question seems to have slipped through the cracks.  Glad that you were able to resolve it.

Do mark the post Answered; it will help the next person who comes along.

--Prasad

0 Likes