cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

CodeXL every run with segmentation fault on HD7990,Ubuntu12.10,Catalyst13.4,AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8

I install the requirements properly and can run the opencl demo successfully, but when i run the codexl, it occurs an segmentation fault.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I have get the solution, because the HD7990 has two HD7970 cards inside, so I have to crossfire them.

After chain them using the 'aticonfig --addch --adapter' commend, the CodeXL run successfully!

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

anyone can help? The text editor do not allow me post the core dump file even i open an upload file type discussion...=。=

thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

The advanced editor allows users to attach files but it has stopped working following the latest upgrade of our forums platform. We have submitted a request to Jive to get this fixed.

0 Likes
dorono
Staff

Hi,

Please share additional information:

What mode are you running CodeXL in:

• Debugger
  • GPU Profiler
  • CPU Profiler

What is the architecture of the application you're trying to debug/profile: 32/64bit?

Can you attach the content of the CodeXL log files: /tmp/CodeXL-*

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I even can not start the CodeXL, when i cd into the /opt/AMD/CodeXL/bin directory and then enter sudo ./CodeXL, it warn me a segmentation error and terminate the CodeXL automatically.

I follow the steps when installing the codexl:

1. install ubuntu12.10
  2. install Catalyst13.4 driver
  3. install AMD-APP-SDK 2.8
  4. run the OpenCL HelloWorld demo properly

The more information is that earlier I install two hd7870 cards on my pc,  when i run the CodeXL, the same it occur the segmentation error, then i take a card down, the CodeXL can run properly.

This time i install only one hd7990 card on my pc, it occur the same error, i hear that the hd7990 has two core inside it, do it has a relation with this?

My pc's mainboard is ASUS F2A85-V PRO, cpu is A10-5800K.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

The problem with attaching files is now fixed. To attach a file, use the advanced mode of the text editor ("Use advanced editor" link in the top right-hand corner of the edit box), and click on the "Attach" link at the bottom right-hand corner.

Please upload the dump file.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

This is the dump file.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

I have get the solution, because the HD7990 has two HD7970 cards inside, so I have to crossfire them.

After chain them using the 'aticonfig --addch --adapter' commend, the CodeXL run successfully!

Thanks.

0 Likes