Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

travis182hun
Journeyman III

CLInfo fails to create context with error code -2

Hello,

I'm new in OpenCL, and I need some help. (To learn the basics of OpenCL I read OpenCL in Action by Matthew Scarpino)

My main problem is that I have a fully "AMD-driven" PC (CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz, VGA: R7 370), but when I want to list all the OpenCL platforms and devices with CLInfo command, I get the following output:

(sorry for the image, copy-pasting the output here broke the alignment of text)

clinfo.png

As you can see, I have two platforms: an Intel and an AMD platform. The Intel platform is a CPU-type device (according to the list) though I don't have any Intel device in my PC. Another important notice: the Max. clock frequency is 0MHz...

The OpenCL cannot create context for this device and the listing fails here and I don't know anything about the second device.

The best would be to be able to get rid of this "ghost" Intel platform, but I would be glad if at least I wouldn't get this clCreateContext error.

I searched throughout my file system for any Intel-specific SDK or something like that but I've only found the Intel Media SDK (I don't know about this SDK, I haven't installed it. Maybe it is part of the Windows SDK? I don't know...). It may be this SDK that's being listed by CLInfo? If it is, then do you have any idea how to get rid of it?

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Please check the registry here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors

Do you see multiple vendors listed there? If so, please check whether removing/disabling the unwanted registry solves the problem or not.

[Ref: https://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/extensions/khr/cl_khr_icd.txt ]

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
pinform
Staff

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for posting.

I have white-listed you, so you should be able to post your OpenCL questions directly in the OpenCL forum. I am moving this post there -- the experts there should respond.

--Prasad

0 Likes
nibal
Challenger

What version of Windows do you have?

You should be able to uninstall it from Programs and Features...

Search your Intel SDK medium for any installation notes..

If everything else fails, there is always the Intel opencl group

This is a rather buggy behaviour for clinfo, that should be looked after. Since clinfo just uses opencl commands to probe environment, it is rather an SDK problem.

What SDK are you using?

The clock is nothing more than 1/20 wrong items reported.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Please check the registry here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors

Do you see multiple vendors listed there? If so, please check whether removing/disabling the unwanted registry solves the problem or not.

[Ref: https://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/extensions/khr/cl_khr_icd.txt ]

Regards,

0 Likes