cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

timchist
Elite

clEnqueueWriteBufferRect still does not work in Catalyst 15.7 when region width is not equal to src pitch

This has already been reported earlier (https://community.amd.com/thread/169828) for Catalyst 14.12 and was marked as resolved as the sample code I posted no longer reproduces the problem in Catalyst 15.7. However, if I slightly modify the sample (specifically, make the source image width not multiple of 4), the code no longer works correctly. I'm attaching a new sample.

Interestingly, if the region width is not a multiple of 4, everything is working fine.

In other words:

• copying 16x16 area from a 256x256 image - works well
  • copying 17x16 area from a 256x256 image - works well
  • copying 16x16 area from a 257x256 image - fails
  • copying 17x16 area from a 257x256 image - works well

As before, the error is reproducible on a HD 7970, but with a newer driver - Catalyst 15.7.

0 Likes
6 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting and providing the reproducible test-case. I'll check and get back to you.

Regards,

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Just to update you. It seems that clEnqueueWriteBufferRect/clEnqueueReadBufferRect is still broken for Cayman card (HD 6950) [OpenCL in 15.7 driver still doesn't work]. I've reported that issue and the above observation to the concerned team. They are working on it. If I get any further update, I'll share with you.

Regards,

0 Likes
timchist
Elite

Just a status update: this is still broken in Catalyst 15.8 beta.

0 Likes
timchist
Elite

Just checked 15.9.1 and 15.10 betas: the problem still persists.

0 Likes

@dipak I know these threads are always giving you inflammatory responses but why is this still a thing?

0 Likes

My apologies for this delayed reply.

Nothing like that. Rather I would like to thank you for keeping your patience.

Actually, right now, I don't have any satisfactory answer of your question. I know that clEnqueueWriteBufferRect issue is an old one and resurfaced many times. Last time when a similar bug got fixed, I doubt, few test-cases were skipped at the validation process. As a result, it still persists.

I'll try to get more information about the current status of the issue and share with you.

Regards,

0 Likes