cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

drewcrewof2
Journeyman III

Catalyst update software a pain in the%$#@&!

The update program "tries" to do a live update but winds up making a total mess out of your desktop costing 15 to 30 minutes to repair it and forcing a reboot. I must ask, being a developer for almost 30 years, and working for some of the largest development organizations in the U.S. - Do you even have a QA / usability department at AMD? I have twin 24 inch monitors with icons all over the place, staying exactly where I can find them. When you (far too often) updates come along, they resize the screen forcing all of the icons into 800 X 600 - or who knows what, then screwing up the size of the wallpaper... etc. There is no way to fix anything without rebooting so why do you even try to do this type of update in place? What a mess!

0 Likes
2 Replies
olos
Journeyman III

Not a solution you are looking for but maybe you'll find it useful like I did. I recommend you should give a try to Iconoid.

0 Likes

Hey olos! That looks like a great solution to combat the "Catalyst Catastrophy"!

It sure is a pain in the posterior the 7th time you have to spend 20 mins re-organizing your entire desktop thanks to them smashing everything to pieces for some updates your don't even notice!

Grrrr....

0 Likes