cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kelmoir
Journeyman III

Can't even get the examples to work - missing runtime

I got some Issue with Open Cl running on this Linux machine (PCLinuxOS 11, the lightweight one).

I did Install Open cl, and also the dcc. Wenn I try to compile and try the samples delivered with it, it won't work. First issue was for finding the headers. I could fix that by declaring the complete include Path (#include "/opt/clAmdFft-1.8.291/include/clAmdFft.h") instead of just the plain include.

But now, how ether, I t can't find the correct runtime(/usr/bin/ld: cannot find lclAmdFft.Runtime). I tried the Object detection sample, But I think, the others will face the same issues. The Samples are located in: /opt/AMDAPP/samples/opencl/cl/app/ObjectDetection/ And the Framework is in /opt/clAmdFft-1.8.291/

The compiler drops finally following error:

Building build/debug/x86/ObjectDetection

g++ -o build/debug/x86/ObjectDetection build/debug/x86//ObjectDetection.o build/debug/x86//SDKApplication.o build/debug/x86//SDKBitMap.o build/debug/x86//SDKCommon.o build/debug/x86//SDKCommandArgs.o build/debug/x86//SDKFile.o build/debug/x86//SDKThread.o -m32 -lpthread -ldl -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -L"/lib32"  -lclAmdFft.Runtime  -lOpenCL   -L../../../../../lib/x86  -L../../../../../TempSDKUtil/lib/x86 -L"/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86" 

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lclAmdFft.Runtime

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [build/debug/x86/ObjectDetection] Error 1

I guess, that I just need to edit some environment variable in Linux, But I don't know, which one, and where to find it.

System:

GPU: Radeon HD6310

Catalyst 12.10

Bittiness: 64 bit

0 Likes
1 Solution
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi

Note : Linux OpenCL runtime is integrated with the Catalyst Linux driver 12.10 or later.

May be you are having some problem in installation or setting environment varial as you mentioned...

Please go through the below link and check have followed the same steps.

http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes1.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi

Note : Linux OpenCL runtime is integrated with the Catalyst Linux driver 12.10 or later.

May be you are having some problem in installation or setting environment varial as you mentioned...

Please go through the below link and check have followed the same steps.

http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes1.pdf

0 Likes

Thank you,

I did not think about reinstalling everything. But it seems to have worked.

Although now does the BoxFilter Sample complain about the GL/glu.h missing.

But I guess, that I can figure that our by myself.

Sincerely,

Kelmoir

0 Likes